Labels

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Student Success Statement~

“I have been asked what I mean by “word of honor.” I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls—walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground—there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.”
By― Karl G. Maeser


Reflection~ This quote means that your choices will reflect your word of honor. The things you decide to do will let others know your true colors. This quote also means that what you chose to say or do should always be within you , you should not have to blame others for your mistakes in your life that you have made. Because blaming it on another person when you were the one who did it will only hurt you and your word of honor. Blaming others is not a good thing to do because itll make you feel bad about yourself.It is like putting your life in danger from the start for example doing drugs once you begin and can't stop it will then become an addiction to the point in your life where you can’t stop. This will cause you to hurt yourself and it can cost you your life. This example best fits with Maeser’s quote because once you do drugs it’ll be hard to leave those drugs. This example connects with his quote because like he said about prison once you do bad actions and have to face the consequences things will change. Everything changes in your life with one mistake you choose to make. Learn to be wise and make good choices. If you do so your life would be better. If you do bad things you will not make it out of all those bad consequences. It is never to late for a change in your life, everyone does make mistakes but we all learn at the end.We learn a lesson that should help us stay focused and choose the right next time.It is better to live life in a good way other than a bad way. Lifes great when you are a good person and choose the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment