Labels

Thursday, November 17, 2016

 Thanksgiving & Thanksgiving Day


Thanksgiving is an yearly tradition that has been passed on since the year 1621 celebrated by Pilgrims after their very first harvest in the New World which was also known as the U.S. This feast lasted three days when it was first celebrated by the Pilgrims.Thanksgiving is
an annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal. During this evening families reunite to have a very great time by eating what they desire. In this tradition many families reunite to thank God for everything they have in their life. Thanksgiving to me is very enjoyable because it is my time to not only thank God and spend a great quality with my loved ones but i love it because I get the chance to appreciate what God has blessed me with and all those things my parents have done to keep me on track. This day is celebrated by those who are eligible to celebrate it since in some religions this day doesn’t exist.This day has brought us much hope. Thanksgiving also brings together those families who probably don’t get along so well throughout the years.  Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.In the U.S more than ¾ of the population celebrate this very special day with great honor .On this day I also thank God for being able to celebrate it another year. I'm thankful of how far I’ve come to be in life since today we still see many people who suffer daily for food we should never take food for granted and be thankful for the things we have. In life you should always be thankful for what you have not for what you wish for because their are many people who suffer just to get the things all
people in need in order to survive daily. Some things I am thankful for are my family, freedom, food, a house,education,clothing,having the chance to wake up everyday, teachers/staff,medical field employers,rights, and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment